Cucumber is a fruit that is mostly referred to as a vegetable. It has so much benefits and i recommend it as a staple in every home. It is great for kids and adults alike, if your kids find it difficult eating veggies or fruits; find different fun ways of serving them. Juice it, dice it, use a spiralizer to give it a really fun shape before serving. Now let’s get to it’s benefits.
- Fights heat, both inside and out. When you eat cucumber, your body gets relief from heartburn. Just as applying cucumber on your skin, gives relief from sunburn.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber, flushes waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Lavishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy, and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Keeps you hydrated. Munching on the cool cucumber,which is 96 percent water will compensate for not drinking enough water!
- Aids in weight loss. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
- Good for diabetics. Patients of diabetes can enjoy cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
- Helps digestion. Chewing cucumber gives the jaws a good workout, and the fiber in it is great for digestion.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients of blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
- Cuts cancer. Cut down your risk of several cancers by including cucumber in your diet. Several studies show its cancer-fighting potential.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
Enjoy this healthy fruit as often as you can.