- Slimming detox water: This great detox water gets rid of toxins in the body and also helps to flush fat from the body as well. Add 1 liter of water, 1 medium grapefruit (sliced), 1 cucumber (sliced), 1 sliced lemon, 1 lime and a couple of mint leaves. Allow the ingredients to sit in the fridge over night before serving and drink at least 1 liter per day for optimal results. Cucumbers are diuretics that helps to avoid water retention. Lemons and limes help to flush out toxins from your digestive tract and grapefruits help you to burn fat. You can get mint leaves from farmers market in maitama.(mint leaf is not nchanwu)
- Fat burning detox water: This recipe gives you a detox water that flushes out nasty toxins and really does help you shed a bit of weight too. You’ll need about 1 liter of water, 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 5 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 3 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1 apple, sliced. You can also add a bit of sweetener if you want. You simply put everything except the apples into your blender and blend for ten seconds. Add your apples and drink. The apple cider vinegar has so many benefits i can’t list them all. There are also apples which are great for fiber, lemons that have cleansing properties and cinnamon which helps to curb your appetite. You can get Apple cider vinegar from Next cash n carry, Medplus or any other big Pharmacy.
- Belly slimming detox water is same recipe as the number 1 recipe only that 1 orange is washed, sliced and added. Oranges contain flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels. The mint in this drink helps the body disgest food easily and reduces belly cramps.
- You can also sustitute the cucumber in recipe number 1 with watermelon. Watermelon helps the body flush out toxins because it contains the organic compound citrulline, which is an amino acid that has been shown to help the liver and kidneys filter and get rid of ammonia. Ammonia comes in external forms and is also a by-product of the proteins our bodies are burning up constantly for energy, and it’s quite damaging to our cells. Cucumber also contains citrulline, but not as much as watermelon. Watermelon may also just give the liver an overall boost.
- You can also add kiwi fruits to any of these recipe and enjoy the enormous qualities of kiwi. Kiwi is also sold at the Farmers market Maitama.
Have fun making these drinks Ladies!