Hi everyone, the need for baking soda in every household can not be over emphasized as its uses are so much and also incredible. It helps a lot and it is quite affordable. A bottle goes for about #200 only. Alright; for those who do not already know: baking soda is 100 percent sodium bicarbonate, which can be used as a leavening agent in baked goods. When mixed with an acid, baking soda reacts, making bubbles and giving off carbon dioxide gas, which causes dough to rise. Somehow, different uses of baking soda (asides baking) has been made known and I’m sharing a few.
- Erase crayon, pencil, ink, and furniture scuffs from painted surfaces. Sprinkle soda on a damp sponge, rub clean, and rinse. Kids stain the walls every other day, try this remedy to reduce the stress of always repainting.(Now is the time you say thank you very much to me) Lol.
- Scrub pans. Sprinkle soda on crusted casseroles and roasting pans and let sit for five minutes. Lightly scrub and rinse.
- Deodorize. Dust baking soda under your arms to absorb body odor.
- Teeth whitener. For a natural way to whiten your teeth, crush one ripe strawberry, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Spread the mixture onto your teeth and leave on for five minutes. Then brush your teeth and rinse. This method should be used no more than once a week, as excessive use could potentially damage your tooth enamel.
- Freshen rugs. Sprinkle baking soda on carpet, wait at least 15 minutes (preferably let sit overnight), then vacuum up.
- Exfoliate skin. Wash your face, then apply a soft paste made of three parts baking soda and one part water. Massage gently with a circular motion, avoiding the eye area; rinse clean.
- Brighten a dull floor finish, dissolve ½ cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water. mop and rinse for a shiny floor
There are soooooo many other uses, if don’t have one already; go get one from any bakers store.